Recently, I’ve been nominated for the Liebster award by two blog-friends and I just received this nomination again by germericandenglish! Being nominated for this award means that another blogger thinks that my blog deserves some recognition. – I’m very honoured, thank you!
These are the rules indicated by germericandenglish:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post
- Go to their page and tell them
These are 11 things about me:
1) If I write, I feel good.
2) I like tea.
3) I like chocolate.
4) I would like to give away my car and get a coach with two horses, please.
5) I like to power walk.
6) I’m a big fan of my children.
7) I would like to learn how to play the guitar.
8) I’m learning español.
9) I don’t have a dog (yet) but a raven that comes to visit me every day.
10) I miss the chestnut trees (and the chestnuts!).
11) I like to play card games.
And these are my answers to the 11 question posed to me:
- Where were you raised? In Italy.
- What do you miss about it? My friends, the culture, the food…
- What do you NOT miss about it? The bureaucracy and the battles you have to fight to lead a “normal” life.
- Where do you think of as home now? Here, the Netherlands.
- What do you like the most about it? I love the seaside, the immense sky, the freedom, the friends I have here.
- What do you like the least about it? The Dutch healthcare system.
- What traits have you acquired in your adopted culture? To be more relaxed, to enjoy the “gezelligheid”, to take the bike as often as I can.
- How many languages do you speak? 6 and 2 dialects.
- What is your favorite hobby? Oh, this depends on my mood… reading, watching a good movie, power walking, stained glass, painting…
- What is your favorite blog? I don’t have one favourite blog. I have many blogs I follow and I really like a lot. Just take a look at the “blogs I follow” list on my blog.
- Why do you blog? Because I need to write. I used to write scientific articles, but it take months (sometimes years!) to be published and the feedback is incredibly slow. I love the speed of the blogging world.
These are the 11 questions for those I nominate:
1. What are your 5 favourite books?
2. Where would you like to live?
3. Winter or summer?
4. Do you enjoy blogging?
5. If you could change something in your blog, what would this be?
6. What do you despise?
7. If you could spend half a day with a famous person, who would you choose and why?
8. What do you do to relax?
9. Homemade or storebought?
10. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?
11. What language would you like to learn and why?
And these are the 11 blogs I nominate:
1) Orange parents, a blog by Reggie Joiner, Carey Nieuwhof and Kendra Fleming about how to expand your ideas, skills and influence as a parent.
2) Learn italian with Lucrezia, the very interesting blog from the 20 years old Lucrezia who gives you the opportunity to learn italian online.
3) Nothing by the book , a very inspiring blog by the freelance writer Jane Marsh.
4) Teacher preneur, the very inspiring blog of the passionate teacher Robert.
5) Laura Lamere’s amazing blog about how to support our artistic and creative children.
6) Raising TCK’s, MaDonna’s very inspiring blog about her journey raising her TCK kids.
7) Il Ghepardo, a very inspiring blog by Vera, an Italian from Torino who lives in the States since 1960 and writes about almost everything.
8) Upside down, a blog form Anne Gillme, about intercultural communication, translation and small business.
9) Teach the sprog, Nick Benwell’s blog about how to raise a bilingual child. As a teacher he has great collection of resources – books, mobile apps and downloads – for our children.
10) Learning and Teaching English in the Netherlands, a very informative and inspiring blog about teaching, learning English and much more!
11) Twin tip a day, Alli’s blog about parenting twins that gives very realistic and helpful insights into the daily life with twins.
- Liebster Award – Thank you Tatu and Olga! (expatsincebirth.com)
Besides thanking you for naming my blog, I want to tell you that I am very envious of your crow !!! in spite of their undeserved bad name crows are among the most intelligent birds. There is a research naturalist who does specialized study of crows in the wild. Heinrich Berndt is his name. He writes wonderful books about his research … check it out in a bookstore or on Amazon. Ciao e grazie di nuovo!
You’re very welcome! I love your blog, what and how you write. Thank you for the hint about the crow. I’ll check it out for sure. Grazie di cuore a te, Vera!
Thank you so much, Ute, I am honoured. And I look forward to checking out the co-nominees, because, of course, you are clearly a woman of exquisite taste. 🙂
You’re very welcome! 😉